Position: Hair Stylist Educator
Love Hair is a boutique hair salon located in Central Hong Kong that specializes in healthier, more natural products.
With creativity and innovation in the industry-leading their efforts, Love Hair strives to ensure the health and happiness of each client’s hair needs. The salon is an environmentally conscious business, looking to minimize its carbon footprint in any way possible. Love Hair will be recycling, utilizing locally filtered water and serving clients with safer, more natural products. With eco flooring, reclaimed wood shelving and screens, stepping into the salon takes you to a peaceful, relaxing environment.
You will be responsible for providing high-quality teaching, learning, and assessments to the Salon Assistants and Emerging Stylists on a weekly basis. You will create programmes of study based on different levels of trainees and be responsible for the success of the learners on the programme. You will also act as the Brand Educator for the stylists at Love Hair, creating an ideal adult learning environment to help inspire our team of qualified stylists, with quarterly training sessions.
Stylist Role and responsibilities:
- We are currently looking for a qualified Hair Stylist who has the talent and ambition to run a successful column.
- 5 day work week, 4 days allocated to running your column and one day allocated to training and preparation.
- Experienced in managing a busy day of clients, colouring and cutting essential.
Please do not apply for the position if you do not fit the description provided:
- You will have at least 10 years experience qualified working with clients
- You will provide a CV and a portfolio with a current photo of yourself and references
- You will have an outgoing, friendly, well-spoken and individual personality and demeanour
- You will possess a Hairdressing Qualifications (NVQ)
- You will possess excellent communication skills in English
Educator Role and responsibilities:
- Be committed to weekly sessions every Wednesday 9am – 2pm for Assistants and Emerging stylists
- Plan and Design weekly training sessions and material
- Produce monthly plans with short term and long term goals for each participant
- Deliver theory and practical training sessions on Shampooing, Treatments Blowdry, Styling, Cutting, Smoothing Treatments, Consultations and Colour Menu Training
- Continuously identify the training needs of each of the participants
- Plan regular assessments
- Continuously evaluate and adapt sessions to the varying needs of the trainees
- Promote a positive and safe learning environment
- Regular check-ins with each of the trainees to discuss their progress, giving them regular feedback from their clients
- Using social media on a weekly basis to advertise for models
- Act as brand educator for Love Hair, participating in local and international training courses to then deliver to the team of stylists in Love Hair
- Stylist team training sessions every 12 weeks
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Coaching and leadership skills required
- At least 5 years in an Educational role
- Visa sponsorship available for the right candidate