Blonde highlights are a popular hair colouring technique that involves a weaving technique adding strands of lighter blonde hair colour to a person's natural hair.
Here are some facts you should know about blonde highlights:
- Blonde highlights can be customised to suit different hair types and skin tones. The size of the weave can create a very subtle or chunky result. The placement is important to either blend or emphasise an area (for example around the face) and The shades of blonde used can range from cool, ashy tones to warmer, golden hues.
- Blonde highlights can add depth, dimension, and texture to hair, making it look fuller and thicker.
- Maintenance is required to keep blonde highlights looking fresh and vibrant. Regular touch-ups are needed to prevent roots from showing and to maintain the desired level of brightness. This is personal preference and the range of visits would be from 6 weeks for the client who hates seeing any root, to 12-14 weeks for the client that doesn’t mind embracing the regrowth.
- Majority of clients would have a full head highlights twice a year and in-between a half head of highlights to maintain it.
- Blonde highlights may not be suitable for everyone, especially those with very dark hair. It is important to consult with a professional stylist to determine the best technique and shade of blonde for your hair. It is possible but the further away you go from your natural hair colour, the more Maintenance involved.
- Professional hair care is important when you have blonde highlights. Use sulfate, paraben free shampoos and conditioners to prevent fading, and making sure you use heat protector and not overusing heated styling tools as much as possible to prevent damage.
- Blonde highlights can work well with a variety of hairstyles, from long and layered to short and textured. Your stylist can help you choose a style that complements your hair and highlights. Highlights however do not work well with very short hair as it can look spotty.
- Blonde hair can turn yellow and brassy over time, this is due to environmental factors and can also be contributed to by using the wrong products. If you like to keep your blondes cooler than we purple Blonde shampoo is recommend once a week. Don’t use it too often as it can make your hair dull.
- Great tip for healthy blonde hair is to get a filter for your shower to filter out the chemicals used to treat it.
- The condition of your hair will be effected but the lightening process so it’s highly recommend to use a Bond builder during the highlighting service. I am in Love with the Kevin Murphy new gloss range as when we are toning the highlights it has bind builder built into the colour which leave amazing shine and fullness.
Overall, blonde highlights can be a great way to add some fun and dimension to your hair. By working with a one of our professional stylist and using the right products, you can achieve a natural and flattering look that enhances your features or a bold bright look that brightens up your features.